Clicking on the links below will take you to the websites of other organisations concerned with various aspects of natural history. Many of these contain links to a wealth of further sites of interest.
- click on links (eg Where is Biodiversity found in the City?) for more information
- We need to know all about the wildlife in Glasgow, and you can help us to record it.
- a searchable database of 1,259 collections and over 3,000 images of Glasgow Museums’ extensive collection of objects.
Hunterian Museum (Glasgow University)
- information about the zoological and other collections.
Glasgow University Centre for Open Studies
- evening classes and weekend courses.
Geological Society of Glasgow
Paisley Natural History Society
Scottish Dragonfinder (Froglife Scotland)
- devoted to the conservation of all invertebrates, and is actively engaged in saving Britain's rarest bugs, slugs, snails, bees, wasps, ants, spiders, beetles and many more fascinating invertebrates.
- news and downloads on conservation projects in Scotland
- SW Scotland Branch; local news and events
Scottish Ornithologists Club
NBN Atlas Scotland - the country’s largest collection of biodiversity information (in progress).
The NBN Gateway - explore UK biodiversity data, as contributed by participating data providers (Scottish coverage may be incomplete for many species groups).
National Biodiversity Network website
BRISC (Biological Recording in Scotland)
Photographs by David Palmar
- David is a member of GNHS Council and semi-professional photographer, specialising in bird photography in the Glasgow and Clyde area.
- images and information about endangered and protected species (with common species to follow shortly)
Endangered Species International
- practical projects on conserving endangered species around the world
Bumblebee Conservation Trust
- useful information about bumblebees, including identification, advice on how to garden or farm in a sensitive way, and surveys which you may like to take part in. The Botanical Society of Scotland
- with links to other botanical societies, botanic gardens, horticultural societies and wildlife conservation organisations
Botanical Society of the British Isles (BSBI), Scotland
- for those interested specifically in the Botany of Scotland
The Mammal Society
Scottish Wildlife Trust
- find your nearest SWT reserve; latest news
Edinburgh Natural History Society
Society for the History of Natural History
- also has links to many other Natural History societies
We hope soon to add more links to the websites of other societies and to sites relating to Natural History in general.Please email us if there is a site you would wish to be included here